Friday, September 4, 2009

What's been on my MIND...



Well I've had a lot on my mind these past days. Anything ranging from Homeschooling, What's for Dinner to Immunizations. Mostly Immunizations. I'm at the start of my research. Emma is 3.5 and has had all her Immunizations, I really wasn't concerned... not sure why. But I always did PRAY! Now with Wyatt he is 2.5 months and he has had his birth and 2 months Immunizations, I was going to continue the same with him as I did with Emma. Until all around me there has been Immunizations talk, whether it be in the blog world, on a random sign while I'm driving and amongst friends.





I feel as if it's my duty, my JOB as the Mommy to my 2 beautiful kiddos to research this controversial topic of SHOTS! With the current research I have done, I'm just sick to my stomach.





I'm curious what ALL of you out there think. But please as this is VERY controversial whichever side you feel passionate about discuss in a compassionate manner.





Also if you don't know what you think or you just think what you think based on zero research, just trusting what your Dr. says or old research....please do your child a favor, yourself a favor and research.

If you need some websites feel free to email me and I can pass some along your way. If you have any websites you would like to share please do!!! From both sides, as I am mostly finding only websites on the CON side.....which also speaks volumes to me.




I found the above book online that I have purchased....can't wait to start reading it. I will let you know what I think. If you have already read this book I would love to hear your input. You can also go online to http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/




3 comments:

Faith said...

Jen,
We were similar to you. Sarah has had all her shots, Alana and Kai have had theirs until they were 2 and 3 respectively and the rest of the boys have only had their Hep C shots because of the nature of Jonah's job. Once I began doing some research I was appalled that I had just gone along with the urging of my doctor and allowed my precious children to be injected with all those POISONS!
We did not come upon the decision to be non-vaxer's lightly but feel it is what is right for our family and for our children. I have some really great site's for you to do more research on if you would like them, just let me know.

Blessings, Faith

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Jenn, Interesting post and interesting journey for you! I love the title of that book. It says so much. I couldn't agree more with your statement to at least do research - whatever decision you choose to make, at least make an educated one. {And it seems that if you do just that, you will probably make the choice to not-vaccinate. I know 1 person who has researched this topic and decided to vaccinate anyway.} And getting information from doctors or vaccine brochures or manufacturers is NOT a good, unbiased choice! There is a lot of very subjective vaccine info out there, but there is also a lot of well-spoken, grounded information. I have researched in and out and through and through on this one. It was probably the one thing that I felt a bigger burden about my choice more than anything else in parenting so far. I took this decision very seriously, researched like mad, read stuff, talked to people, built my own/personal philosophy of health and came to the decision to not vaccinate my daughter. At all. I am very confident with that decision. Had Greta contracted, say, Pertussis (Whooping cough) I would have had to live with those consequences and I was prepared to do that.
As for a lot of other ones - Hep B (a sexually transmitted disease) and polio, for example - the risks of the vaccine far outweigh the likelihood of contracting the disease.

Mockabee Seven said...

Jenn, you know where I stand (I think?), but I commend you for feeling the responsibility of researching... it's disturbing how misled we are by the medical community. Whatever you decide, take your time researching...and pray!

Like Rachel, it came down to the fact that everything can be treated if caught, but the poison in the vaccines can't be detoxed from your baby's system...

If you're still on the fence...read up on delayment...it's way better to inject that stuff into a larger child than a wee baby...they give the same dose to a newborn as they would a 15-yr-old if that tells you anything! Yuck!