Saturday, May 8, 2010

What's new you ask?

It's been awhile...I know.  I try to stay on top of the blogging thing BUT I always seem to not.  So life these days have been completely overwhelming, stressful and so much more I honestly don't even know the words to describe.  My husband is a Landscape contractor, owns his own Landscaping business.  He has been in business for 5 years now.  The business has seen many ups and downs. NEVER have we seen the down that we are currently in. It is shaking us to our core.  Making us cling to Christ because really that is ALL we have to cling onto. There is a possibility he may lose the business, an even GREATER possibility we are going to lose MANY things BUT we have eachother, our babies, support from friends and family AND most of all Christ!  That is where I am today...actually positive. 

Well besides all that....Wyatt is 10.5 months!  He is into EVERYTHING!!  Moving everywhere!  Such a big boy!!  Emma is growing up into a little girl more and more everyday!  Emma is LOVING preschool and she showed me recently how she knows how to write her name!  Such a big girl!  We have been enjoying the sunshine and playing in the water. 


I have been trying my very best to walk 7.5 miles 5 days a week!  I was doing pretty good BUT this last week I only made it out 1 time.  The walking has been AMAZING. 


OH and I took up coffee! 

Well that's all for now.  Hopefully I will be updating sooner then later!
Emma is pushing him and he is LOVING it! Pure joy on his face!!
                      He is actually taking Emma for a ride here!  They are hilarious! 

5 comments:

RubyLaRose said...

I'm so bummed to hear that's what's been going on! I don't know if you knew that James was out of work for 10 months last year. We lost our house and moved in with my parents, we had to default on so many of our bills. It was a really scary, stressful time so I can completely relate! This year has been such a time of rebuilding, but it's so tough. I have a lot of anger and bitterness still about last year. I hope you guys won't have to go through the same thing.

JEN said...

Jenn, This sucks. I'm so sorry you and Kev are walking through this this desert right now. I am praying for you! We love you! And if you need ANYTHING, even if it's just to scream or cry I'm here for you. I love your attitude that is beaming thru this post. You are right in so many areas, although it is scary you have each other and Christ to get you through this time. xoxoxo!

Jill said...

Jenn, stay strong! the best advice I can give is to get a 0 percent APR credit card (for 1 year) and use it for groceries etc! Kevin and I had a couple months where he was out of work, and we did that and were able to keep on top of our monthly bills! :) You guys will make it through!

jennking said...

Girls thanks so much for the comments and encouragement! We are taking it day by day and week by week.

jrshinn@gmail.com said...

Jen,
I'm just catching up! I'm so sorry to hear this. You have an amazing attitude and persepective, but I imagine it's hard to keep that up sometimes. Hang in there. Keep doing what you're doing - trusting in the Lord, and worry not. I'm thinking of you today.