Monday, May 4, 2009

Planting seeds....


Yesterday Emma spent some time with Daddy planting some flower seeds. We shall see what grows.

This blog is dedicated to today and 3 year olds. After a day like today, I must blog. All I can say is that I'm so glad the day is over. I can tell that Emma is definitely beginning to notice that her baby brother is coming and coming soon. Today was completely exhausting, tantrum after tantrum. At one point she threw up foam.....is this normal? Don't think so. We started the day with a walk to the park with Tracy, Mandalay and Tre. At the park she saw baby rabbits.....eyes still closed and all! We came home.....tantrum.....ate lunch, watered her seeds.....tantrum. Tantrum (screaming so hard she threw up foam), rested for awhile with mommy, tantrum. Finally got out of the house to run an errand, tantrum. Fell asleep in car on way home, tantrum (while I made her and myself dinner and I ate my dinner). Then she finally calmed down and ate her dinner. Daddy came home. Mild tantrum. Daddy did bath time and bedtime.


Way too many tantrums. Trying to reflect on the day, of course there were moments that I wouldn't want to erase from my memory BUT it would have been sooo extremely nice to not have had SO many excruciating tantrums today.

Praying for a happier and more peaceful day tomorrow. If not for Emma and I....definitely for Wyatt. I'm sure he wants to stay in the womb at this point!

SOME things that 3 has brought.....

potty trained
amazing memory
slight manipulation
wanting to change outfits throughout the day
Independence
wanting to do EVERYTHING on her own

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hi!
I found your blog from "The Bee Hive" your "about me" caught my eye. You mentioned something about "Tides"... do you happen to know Megan Suarez? She is one of my dearest friends and serves as a volunteer at Tiny Tides.

Your kiddos are super cute... such a fun blog!

Amber

Amber said...

How funny! Megan and I went to high school together and I was roommates with Jason and his sister. Give Megan a big hug for me and tell her she needs her own blog...lol!

Good meeting you...well kind of :0)

Amber said...

hi jen
just checking in to see you and your new little one are. I remember the adjustment from one baby to two was somedays a bit crazy... hope you are doing great. cant wait to see some pictures of him.
amber